The TCSAAL State Track & Field meet is this Saturday 4/27/2019 at Eastview High School located at 4490 E. University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78626. The track will open for walkthroughs and warm up at 9:00 AM. Check-in will begin by 9:30 AM.
The meet will start with the 100 meter prelims at 10:00 am. All 4 field events will open for first flight at 9:30 am. Make sure that your athletes always prioritize their runs then get in their field events. If they miss a run they will not be able to make it up.
Areas of note:
· The top 6 individuals will advance in each age group in the 100, 200 and 400-meter races to their respective finals.
· There will be a $5 admission fee to enter. 8 and under are free.
· If a relay team is impeded upon the appeals judge will determine if the team gets to re-run the event for an official time. A relay team must complete a clean relay except in the location where they were impeded upon to be eligible for a re-run. Individuals in the 400 or shorter events may also in rare cases be allowed another run for time when impeded upon.
· Our officials working the relay exchange zones will line students up at the start of their exchange zones. At that point, the students will be free to move to wherever they are coached to go.
· Please make sure your relay teams know to check their surroundings before exiting the track so they do not impede other teams and get their group disqualified.
· Please have your volunteer’s check-in with the table at 9:40 for their field assignments. Each school must provide 1 volunteer to work our field activities.
· Although we will have water stations and a concession stand available you should bring plenty of water and healthy snacks for your athletes.
· Please note that canopies are not allowed in the infield. They must be set up in the grass areas.
· Please be advised that fans are not allowed in the infield.
· Please remember to bring batons, shots, and discs.
TCSAAL State Meet Disqualification & Appeals Procedures
When an infraction happens, a yellow flag will be raised by one of our officials. They will immediately report that infraction to the Head Judge. The Head Judge will relay the infraction to the announcer who will announce the infraction over the PA. They will note which team or individual was disqualified and why.
At that point a 30-minute clock will begin. Teams head coaches will have 30 minutes to bring an appeal to the head Judge. If the appeal has merit the Judge will review and either give final judgement or send it to the Appeals Judge whom will make the final ruling.
100 Meter Dash Prelims
400 Meter Prelims
200 Meter Dash Prelims
2 Mile (High School Only) Finals
4 X 100 Relay Finals
800 Meter Finals
100 Meter Dash Finals
4 X 200 Relay Finals
400 Meter Finals
200 Meter Dash Finals
1 Mile Finals
4 X 400 Relay Finals